Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Designing- Dumb Question

I see how people are submitting stage designs for review and I would love to do the same and create some for my local club matches. But........... how do you make the designs? What software do you use to place paper and poppers, barricades, etc etc. ? I use iMacs but my wife has an IBM compatable. Where do I find this software that designs these things? Thanks for the help.

I use MS Power Point, and download the images and templates others are referring to. It's somewhat simple to just copy and arrange the images like clip-art, and then, once you've got a whole stage, group all items together, cut and paste into the Comstock or Virginia stage description templates.

DD

• 7 months later...

Right now I am using StageCAD It has taken me a little time to get it figured out but it is a great program. When you are done with the design you can print out a pop list, list of targets needed, even "fly" through the stage as if you are shooting it. The designer of the program is working on an updated version that fixes the few bugs in the program so keep an eye out for that one soon as well.

Joe W.

nhglyn right Now there is Nothing out there for use on a Mac ( I have an I mac G5 also) All the Stage designs I Build for the DOuble Tap Championship is made in pagemaker. All the props were designed in other Programs like Photshop or drawing programs but the bulk is made in Pagemaker.