Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Field Courses

Harmon

Planning.. that's what's in a field course. you have to plan much more thouroghally then you actually have to execute it.

lets see.. generally position entry and setup. position exit. movement. non shooting tasks (opening doors etc. )

any monkey can shoot a speed shoot.... it requires very little though.. any novice shooter can do it. and see and shoot all the targets given time and ammo... field courses people blow by targets forget targets get lost on what targets have and have not been shot...

"what's in a field course that is not in a speed shoot ?"

Movement, getting in and out of positions, breaking the stage down, memory, usually tougher / longer shots.

Sounds like most of what "harmongreer" really needs to work on is movement and mental planning and exaction. Sounds like he has most of the skills... he just need's to get them working together with a proper mental plan !

good luck

C38

So "if any monkey can shoot a speed shoot" ... and I'm really bad at speed shoots :blink: that means I'm not a monkey right ...is that good or bad :D

This is a skill where taking a class can really help out. When a good IPSC shooter teaches they'll have you go over all the "leave on this foot - NOW" and "bring your gun up HERE" kind of drills, and be able to show you why they do what they do.

Just call me Harmon, we'll set something up :lol:

The most important key to shooting on the move, is staying in the sights, and calling the shot.

There is no way the sights will stay where you put them, while the rest of you is moving.

"Mystery Mikes" means you are not calling the shots.