Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's a Schuemann / Infinity thing where the front site is attached to the barrel and pokes up through the slide. There are pics on the SV site.

The advantages are that the front site does not move, you gain some static weight, and lose a little more reciprocating weight.

Downside is, it commits you to the finicky / expensive Schuemann hybrid type barrels because of the major slide cut.

Like a lot of folks, I thought it would be a huge advantage. I've since shot one and don't see anything worth the hassle. They are only approved in SV guns and kinda "went around" an older aggreement they had.

That's just what I know. Someone else can probably explain things better.

Dirtypool wrote:

"They are only approved in SV guns and kinda "went around" an older aggreement they had."

Is that the current rulingt? I own an STI Edge & plan to put a different top end on it. I plan to use the existing Edge slide but I am having the Schuemann barrel installed (the "sight tracker" barrel) instead of one of those tungsten sleeved barrels. I already own the barrel. Since the barrel is now approved, why would it not be allowed on my STI, or any other 1911 for that matter? If I am allowed to swiss-cheese my slide to any configuration I like, then why is the sight tracker cut only for the SV owners? I must have missed the interpretation on this one. Please advise & thanks for bringing this up BEFORE I start building.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

well, I am definately NOT the definitive authority on them. I think Bedell and some others are making guns like the factory SV's. I am not sure on the official ruling, and would contact USPSA HQ befor eI spent any $$$.