Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow Optic Slide Milling

Jerome

I sent my CZ Shadow slide to be milled for my Burris Fast Fire III to Primary Machine. Just wanted to post a review from my experience.

http://primarymachine.com/

Before sending, I emailed a ton of questions to them and all were answered very quickly with great information. I shipped the slide to them Monday before last, they got it on Wednesday and they sent me a return tracking email on Saturday. I received it back today. It took them all of a week to Mill and Cerakote the slide and get it back to me. In these days of 3,4,5 plus weeks to get anything like this done, I'm amazed. Very happy with their work quality and fast service. Here's a couple of images:

shadow-slide-optic2.jpg

shadow-slide-optic.jpg

Yes Graphite Black Cerakote. 

VegasMoFo - I went with Primary Machine because I read good reviews which included their fast service. 

I also just added the grips. They are LOK Roughnecks with Palm Swell and Full Magazine Relief. Got them from Practical Shooting Sports. I think the Blue/Black look much nicer than the Black I thought I wanted. The surface is aggressive enough to leave marks on my hands for a short time but no blood drawn after 20-30 minutes of dry fire.

3 hours ago, M1A4ME said:

I've had Bruce e-mail on weekends to let me know what he was doing to my pistol slides and to let me know they'd be back in the mail to me on Monday.  I'm not sure he knows what "weekends" mean.

If working weekends means we don't let our lead times get into the 4+ week area like other places are, that's what we're gonna do. :)