Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky State Match

DougBarnes101

This wasn't my only mistake just my most baltant! Start position kneeling behind a car with the gun on the seat behind you. First you have to save the baby which activates swinging hard cover and a swinger. Retrieve your gun and engage targets. Well the buzzer goes off and one shot and then a jam. Clear it another shot and then another jam. Well my plan is out the window. So I shoot and forget a couple of targets from where I wanted to shoot them so I come back and pick them up. Well I think I'm done (notice I said I think) and all I want to do is get away from there so I stop and wait about a second for the RO to say If you are finished etc. don't hear it but I want to get done so I rack the slide, show the empty barrel, release the slide and pull the trigger. At about the same time I see the last (and closest) target at about 2 yards or less in front of the car staring back at me with no rounds in it. It wouldn't have been so bad but just before we started the RO made mention that we were trying to forget to tape that same target. After we were done the RO said that he didn't say anything hoping that while I was clearing the gun I would notice the target but I didn't. Oh well there is next time.

my biggest mistake of the match was giving Jake and Brad a little tip on how i shot stage 10 so fast. the problem was that i could have won the stage if i just kept my mouth shut but i am glad to see that it worked out for them.

nice job Jake and Brad. next time why don't you guys give me tips on how not to end up with the 4 or 5 mikes i had for the match.

Shot this stage clean, a little slow, but clean. Wish I could take back the FTE, 4 mikes and a no shoot. Then I would have had a great match.

Dan, you must be an alright guy. First you loan Jake mags, then tell him how to beat you with your own equipment. Now that is a sportsman!!!!

well i knew i had too many mikes to be in the running, so as i was talking to Jake and Brad they said they were going to shoot their last stage, stage 10, i walked down to the stage with them. Chuck Bradley's son Austin, who was RO on the stage says to me, "Dan, you are winning this stage and nobody had run it as fast. so being the nice guy, i tell Jake and Brad how i shot it and they agreed it would probably work for them too. i would have liked to win at least one stage, but i figured that it might do them more good than it did me, since i already had too many damn mikes on other stages to place well.

just so you guys understand, next time tips are $20 each and magazine rental is $20 per stage.

i would have liked to win at least one stage, but i figured that it might do them more good than it did me, since i already had too many damn mikes on other stages to place well.

The worst part about this, Dan, is that you can't even blame your own equipment for the misses..... :lol: For various reasons..... :lol:

This one one of my poorest stages, the entire stage could be shot from two positions except for one target...which I just happened to get. Two mikes + a FTE hurts...I wanted to throw that carseat up in the air and shoot it down like skeet after that. :lol:

well well well...looks like i'm goin ta have some competition here...i'm in trouble :( but not on here....i don't want to embarrass u in front of all these people with my rapin skills :P just remember u can't touch the ice ice baby lol

yes paul, i have been drinkin' again but this time it's to stop those voices in my head. i keep hearing brad the balsleyballdizzler laying the smack down at the KY state mizzler and my brain is all in a tizzler so i keeps drinkin' the 40 "o" beer fizzler. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

• 2 weeks later...

:blink::o I had trouble too on this stage I don't think it was that easy for anyone. I had an FTE and 2 mikes too. Of course, not production friendly either a lot of mag changes. I am sure this was one of the most challenging stages.

I think Jerry Dillard was drinking too many Maker's Mark Sandwiches when he dreamed up this stage1 :D or it was LEE!

I wouldn't call it the most challenging. After doing 20 or 30 seconds on that Save My Baby then heading over to what looks to be Radarish 2, thinking, "hey I need to makeup some of these points" and you blow through it with a pair of mikes, its like you're ready to pack up and go home :lol:

Back to the old "drawing" board, Mr. Stevens, I need more coaching :ph34r: