Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 dropping live primers out the bottom.

Apparently this is not a new problem.  I've read that polishing certain parts may help. 

My press is only a few months old and has been extremely finicky.  Now it's started dropping primers out the bottom while reloading.  

Just checking to to see if anyone has had this issue lately?  Did polishing the track and/or the primer slide help?

35 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

First cleaning the hole in the slide & then putting on a new blue tip fixed the problem for me. A teensy bit of crud that will not allow the primers to drop freely into the slide can make you crazy. 

Thanks for the reply.  I'll check the hole in the slide.  

I've already replaced the first blue tip. 

Also, I've double checked to make sure the cap ontop of the primer tube isn't overtightened.  

Edited by B_RAD

Check and see if the primer cam/arm assembly has not been slid upward where it clamps around the primer shield. The best way to do this is to pull the handle down and leave it down, then loosen the clamp screw on the bracket that is clamped around the primer shield. Now slide the primer cam/arm assembly down until it stops, then back it up about .010", the thickness of a business card, and retighten the screw.

2 minutes ago, dillon said:

Check and see if the primer cam/arm assembly has not been slid upward where it clamps around the primer shield. The best way to do this is to pull the handle down and leave it down, then loosen the clamp screw on the bracket that is clamped around the primer shield. Now slide the primer cam/arm assembly down until it stops, then back it up about .010", the thickness of a business card, and retighten the screw.

Will do. Thank you!