Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer Spring Swap Video

johnbu

Was talking with ARy about guns (shock), and said I hit a personal best of 90 sec swapping springs. He said video or it didn't happen.  Fair enough. Now, before you bark.... I'm swapping stuff frequently with testing some PD stuff, so the ambi side safety is off.    It helped that the hammer pin keeper pin literally dropped into the hole and dropped to the bottom.

http://youtu.be/Z1HzWwNYV0U

Also. This could get bad.

Tanfo guys already seem to tinker with their gat more than they shoot it. Now your going to have all of them dry-firing... parts replacements!

On a serious note, I remember as I first tore into my Stock III while watching the YouTube tutorial... "man, breaking all of this down just to change hammer springs would be tedious."

Once I got a look at how things actually work, well, your video highlights the fact that it's actually a really easy design to work on.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

21 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

The hammer pin retaining pin is the most tedious part of the whole thing

That's why I trained mine to jump into the hole ! Lol.

15 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Also. This could get bad.

Tanfo guys already seem to tinker with their gat more than they shoot it. Now your going to have all of them dry-firing... parts replacements!

On a serious note, I remember as I first tore into my Stock III while watching the YouTube tutorial... "man, breaking all of this down just to change hammer springs would be tedious."

Once I got a look at how things actually work, well, your video highlights the fact that it's actually a really easy design to work on.

I can see it now....El Prez with a mandatory reload and hammer spring swap between strings.

On the bright side, that wouldn't hurt my normal El Prez time much if any! And I already see where a few seconds can be shaved off.

Edited by johnbu

• 1 month later...