Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Death of team SIG Mark & the collapse of this subforum

R34PER

On 12/3/2016 at 5:21 PM, Nick179 said:

I purchased a sig p320 for uspsa as a new shooter, have an HK VP9 and a glock 19 that I could've used.  I chose the 320 simply based on the feel of it in my hand and the fact that I could "practice" stippling the grip without having to order a new frame for $150 and ship to FFL. I use the standard 7.5# trigger. I went from never shooting a match to B class in production in 4 months. The trigger doesn't bother me. I've shot friends tuned limited guns with sub 2# triggers and I feel I shoot the same, timer doesn't show me a big enough difference to shell out the money and switch platforms. The time I put in everyday dryfire and at the range has made the biggest difference. Hopefully this upcoming season I'll make A class. Time will tell. As for Gray Guns parts, seems like the engineering and time it takes for someone to make a "drop in" trigger kit that joe blow can do in his basement is more complex that I could imagine.  If someone calls for CS, who do they call?  SIG or GG?  Seems GG will have to be ready for that too.  Then the mass production of parts that need to work correctly the first time and every time. From what little interaction I've had with Bruce and some team Sig members, Bruce is a perfectionist.  Which I love. I want my drop in kit to perfect. I don't want a headache and regret for hurrying to get a flawed product. I'll happily shoot my 7# stock trigger and wait for the drop in kit to come out.  As for other small parts seems like springer has that taken care of. Target model definitely won't be announced until after SHOT. If it is announced at all. But I'd say it will be if I was a betting man. 

If you feel like a "better" trigger isn't going to help you, why are you going to spend $$$ on a GG drop in kit when they come out?  I would hope that they won't be priced like his P-series kit; but if so, you're looking at $300-ish.

I think one of the things that bugged me a little about the P320 triggers is that I could line up half a dozen new pistols on the gun counter; and they would have 5 or 6 different pulls (weight, break, "double click", etc.).

26 minutes ago, TacticalReload said:

If you feel like a "better" trigger isn't going to help you, why are you going to spend $$$ on a GG drop in kit when they come out?  I would hope that they won't be priced like his P-series kit; but if so, you're looking at $300-ish.

I think one of the things that bugged me a little about the P320 triggers is that I could line up half a dozen new pistols on the gun counter; and they would have 5 or 6 different pulls (weight, break, "double click", etc.).

I agree with the difference across the board. I own three and they all feel slightly different and sound different as well. I want the GG drop in kit because I've used a friends tuned 320 from Bruce and it was awesome!  The reset on GG triggers is pretty awesome. Made a Stryker fired pistol feel and break like a 1911. The weight reduction is a Bonus for the price. I could switch platforms and spend roughly $1,000 or even switch to limited and spend $4,000. So $275-375 doesn't seem too far fetched. Plus it's Bruce Grays creation. If you follow custom gun makers you'll know he's there with Yost, Warner, Novak, and more. Piece of history all be it small 

• 1 month later...

One thing GGI should think about is if they take too long someone else like Apex or Springer will see the need and come out with a kit. It might not have as good of results but a lot of people might be happy with it. Those would be lost potential customers for GGI. Is anyone making spring kits now?

8 minutes ago, z40acp said:

One thing GGI should think about is if they take too long someone else like Apex or Springer will see the need and come out with a kit. It might not have as good of results but a lot of people might be happy with it. Those would be lost potential customers for GGI. Is anyone making spring kits now?

Good point. Still listed as out of stock but it least it's on the website now.

https://grayguns.com/product/custom-grayguns-p320-trigger-pelt/

GGI does have a custom triggerbar spring, reduced power sear springs, and a billet sear. The sear and sear springs, however, are in shop install only for the time being. 

23 hours ago, alma said:

Good point. Still listed as out of stock but it least it's on the website now.

https://grayguns.com/product/custom-grayguns-p320-trigger-pelt/

GGI does have a custom triggerbar spring, reduced power sear springs, and a billet sear. The sear and sear springs, however, are in shop install only for the time being. 

Cool to see the pipeline filling up with Sig goodies! Looking at the link you sent, it makes sense that it would be shop installed, since the raised interface that meets the pin would prevent overtravel, too. With production/generation tolerances not being that tight, you could wind up with an unreliable pistol or one with still too much overtravel. A set screw might help, or better yet, different thickness sleeves that could be installed on the pin to meet the desired effect. Boom, customer installable! 

You're welcome, Bruce.

;)

All kidding aside, clever design. 

BTW, having fitted Dawson sights on over a half dozen P320's, I have seen first hand the differences in production tolerances. I installed the exact same sights on each of them and have found that I needed to replace the front sight with a different height version ranging from 0.200 to 0.220 to achieve the proper POI! 0.020 is quite a bit of space in such a small sample set, and imaging that much space in a sear. That being said, Bruce has his work cut out for himself...but if anyone can do it, it'll be him.

Disappointing that the GGI P320 trigger kit's only improvement to the trigger pull is a redesigned trigger. According to the video it lowers the pull up to 2lbs from stock. That's still around 5lbs. If you want to get it to 3.5lbs, you still have to send it in. 

1 hour ago, saibot said:

Cool to see the pipeline filling up with Sig goodies! Looking at the link you sent, it makes sense that it would be shop installed, since the raised interface that meets the pin would prevent overtravel, too. With production/generation tolerances not being that tight, you could wind up with an unreliable pistol or one with still too much overtravel. A set screw might help, or better yet, different thickness sleeves that could be installed on the pin to meet the desired effect. Boom, customer installable! 

You're welcome, Bruce.

I have been suggesting the same thing. I don't know that there is room on the curved but on the flat I had another friend install an overtravel screw that interfaces with the trigger stop pin. Definitely should be a standard thing. 

1 hour ago, alma said:

I have been suggesting the same thing. I don't know that there is room on the curved but on the flat I had another friend install an overtravel screw that interfaces with the trigger stop pin. Definitely should be a standard thing. 

I really like the idea of the different size sleeves on the trigger stop pin since there is nothing to loosen up or fall off. Simple to adjust, etc. I wonder how I could aquire/make the sleeves? Might try it out myself.