Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Expected Battery Life With Electronic Muffs?

Spiff

Thats an easy question. They last one range session or match. Always forget to turn one side off. I keep a whole pack of batteries for just such an occasion.

Truthfully, they last a long time if you keep them turned off in your bag.

I wish they had an automatic shutoff after say, four hours. If you shot over four hours and they went off, it would be easy to reach up and reset them.

Thats an easy question. They last one range session or match. Always forget to turn one side off. I keep a whole pack of batteries for just such an occasion.

Truthfully, they last a long time if you keep them turned off in your bag.

I wish they had an automatic shutoff after say, four hours. If you shot over four hours and they went off, it would be easy to reach up and reset them.

The Peltor Tactical Pro's shut off after 2 hours of no adjusting.

Pretty much sounds like everyone is getting better mileage from their batteries than I am with the ones in my Silencio muffs. What I get is a buzzing noise in the left ear after about 3 hours of use. Replacing the batteries seems to fix it so I figured it was the mics way if telling me they were not getting enough juice.

I know the Silencio's are not the most expensive electronic ear protection out there but they seem to work fine ('cept for the buzzing in my left ear after awhile). Though I really have no comparisons to base that judgment on.

Thanks all.