Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2X first thoughts

tedahlenius85

After some dryfire; reloads are way harder with this gun compared to a CZ. I thought the magwell were going to make it easier, and it's easy getting the top of the mag in, but the the angles suck. The mag gets stuck if a little angled. Pinned from the front and rear. Not much room for error. Guess I need to practice lots of reloads to get down to about a second reload again.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rootacres said:

I imagine this is on the production legal gun list. Are those flat safety's being sold anywhere? That would be an awesome addition to my stock 2. Thanks 

I don't mean to be critical; this is a 100% genuine question and not a criticism:

As someone new to Tanfos who finds the factory S3 safety ideal to ride with his long thumbs, do you have smaller hands and/or shorter thumbs that don't reach? Or are you simply used to a lower thumb location with your grip?

With a whopping 2 range trips under my belt with the gun I like the leverage my strong thumb has on the gun this way. I'm wondering if there's a USPSA scenario where I get to look forward to knocking the safety upward? Perhaps after a rushed mag change.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

^^^  I feel the same way. My thumbs like to ride the safety. Especially, WHO the extra leverage of thumb on lever helps hold it down in recoil.

But, different people, different hand sizes, different grip styles. So it's great more options are popping up.  

I tried riding the safety, and it just feels weird for me. Not so much riding the safety, but the way i have to place the support hand a little different than Im used to. If riding the safety felt comfortable for me I propably would run bigger safetys since I believe you get better leverage shooting WHO/SHO. I did handle other peoples Tanfos while shooting CZ and always felt something weird about the grip. But now my s2 feels almost like my old CZ's with flat safety and all.

As johnbu wrote, its great with more options.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 0:04 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I don't mean to be critical; this is a 100% genuine question and not a criticism:

As someone new to Tanfos who finds the factory S3 safety ideal to ride with his long thumbs, do you have smaller hands and/or shorter thumbs that don't reach? Or are you simply used to a lower thumb location with your grip?

With a whopping 2 range trips under my belt with the gun I like the leverage my strong thumb has on the gun this way. I'm wondering if there's a USPSA scenario where I get to look forward to knocking the safety upward? Perhaps after a rushed mag change.

No problem, I came from shooting striker fired guns that didn't have a thumb safety at all. This allowed me to have a higher grip with my support hand. When switching to a tanfo what ended up happening was the meaty part of my support hand would ride up and bump the factory safety just a fraction of an inch up, which wouldn't allow the hammer to drop obviously. I have since changed my grip slightly and made that issue go away but if i had a flush safety that would be a none issue really. I guess it would be a preference, some people like the 1911/2011 style where you can ride the safety down others prefer less gadgets and levers to worry about on a production gun. I guess I fall in that category