Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Holster Question

captain

I will be attending the Steel Challenge this year and need a holster. I will be using a 5" S&W N frame. I shot IPSC for 10 years but got out of it in 1989 so I'm not up on the new speed holsters. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

CR Speed seems to be the most popular choice among the high-tech rigs now available. I'm pleased with mine (new upgrade from my 15+ year old Safariland rig), but don't have much experience to base a comparison.

Good luck, nice to have several interesting options!

Mike

My personal choice for both my 625 and my 627 is a CR Speed holster set up for revolver. You can get them a lot of places but I got mine from Shooters Paradise (Phil Strader, in Woodbridge, VA).

It works great and was recommended to me by Jerry Miculek. I believe he still uses an older version of the same holster.

Go with the CR Speed holster. You can order one from Brownells.

I added a nylon bolt to the front cap of the holster just to insure me that the gun wouldn't fall out. Not that I had a problem with that but the thing is so fast I just wanted a little extra insurance in my mind.

My Vote is for the Extreme Holster. It is on the same idea as Ghost holster. It will ffit any Revo you might have, 625,627,617 ECT. any length barrel as well. ( no muzzle cup)

I use mine for steel shooting, USPSA, Icore. It very Fast. No drag at all. Best of all, its Cheap. $120 at Shooters Connection. I also use the same holster for my Glocks.

(differant model of course) Good luck with your choice