Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig mpx..pcc setup questions

Mulligan03

Just bought one today and I am planning on setting it up for pcc. Trying to get some feedback on mag pouches and other necessities. I have only seen one pouch available,  the blade tech. Are their other manufacturers that make them? As far as aftermarket triggers go what have you used and like? Stock breaks great but is little to heavy any suggestions on how to lighten it?  Muzzle break? Thinking of trijicon mro sight but someone I know suggested the holosun, any feedback on either? How many mags do you need in this division? 

Edited by Mulligan03

The Blade Tech pouches work but leave a lot of room for improvement. They only have two screws which handle both retention and securing the teclok to the pouch. I found them on sale awhile back and modified them to work with QLS but if paying full price I would look elsewhere. 

On the break, if you have the 8" then you can try the Lantac Dragon MPX break. It's a bit expensive and I didn't think it made a positive difference but you might feel otherwise. I have one in the parts bin if you want to go that way. The 16" has a 13.5 inch barrel and a 2.5" pinned flash hider. Not sure how hard it would be to remove that and I don't know that it needs anything else. 

For triggers, Timney says it's new two stage trigger is good to go in the MPX. I am running a Hiperfire 24C right now and I heard Taran also runs Hiperfire in his. Lots of people running other triggers but with low round counts it's hard to know which ones will hold up long term. The bolt velocity is pretty fast so it beats up on mil-spec type disconnectors if not protected. For the 24C I ended up having to get some antiwalk pins. 

For mags I have a couple of 40s, and a couple of 30s. I would prefer to reload to the 30s if that's an option. I have one 20 just in case I need something shorter for a stage. I am currently using the Springer Precision plus 10 extensions and they are working perfectly. 

I have used a SIG Romeo 4B (similar to the holosun) and a Romeo3 (similar to a C-more RTS2 but not so breaky). I am sticking with the Romeo3 because the lense seems a bit larger and doesn't have any knobs or anything else like knobs on the side to adjust its view. The Romeo4 worked well but seemed like the lens was a bit small. I am very happy with the Romeo3 for USPSA distances. If not using that then I think I would want a dot with a larger lens.  At 3 Gun Nation it looked like it would have been an advantage to run a variable power scope on PCC. 

I have the NERD mag pouches and they look pretty stout.  I'll get a chance to run them next week in Charleston hopefully.  I've got the MRO on mine co-witnessed with the iron sights from the factory. Seems to work ok goofing off at the range, but I'll know more after November 5th.