Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Southwest Regional Championships

AzShooter

Just got home from the SouthWest Regional hosted by the West End Gun Club. What a great match. As always the people running it did a superb job. Lunch was a great barbeque and while waiting for stats there was a snow cone machine available for everyone to cool off with.

Jason Petitte (sp) captured the Limited honors, no surprise there, and Vic Pickett took home the gold for Open. Again. Anyone surprised to hear that? ( Although Pat Hogue was right on his tail)

Stages included a lot of steel and paper with a good mix. Some droppers and a Texas Star and even a dueling tree. Different props that even had you shooting through a sheet of plastic covering targets.

I like the variation. And I congratulate the designers on their innovations this year.

But the best part was all the fantastic people there to compete. I hope they all enjoyed themselves as much as I did and I hope most will go to the IRC.

I have to second AzShooter on this one.

A great match with (as usual) great people. Eight challenging and fun stages. One heck of a one-day match!

Bruce Strang, Bill Harrison, Cameron Wong and the rest of the West End Gun Club put together a fantastic match despite the damage to their range brought on by this year's heavy rainfall.

I have to second AzShooter on this one.

A great match with (as usual) great people. Eight challenging and fun stages. One heck of a one-day match!

Bruce Strang, Bill Harrison, Cameron Wong and the rest of the West End Gun Club put together a fantastic match despite the damage to their range brought on by this year's heavy rainfall.

What Randy and AZ said. The match itself was extremely clever and easy to maintain and score making it very efficient to shoot. Great work under very difficult circumstances.

Another thumbs-up for the match. 8 great stages all done by 3:30, fantastic! Thanks to all thoes who put on the match!

Congratulations Randy on the win in A open, it was fun being on your squad.

Todd

I Also have to say the match was a great one. I really enjoyed the Texas star and can't wait until our club gets one. :)

I also have to say that the West End Gun Club did a spectacular job repairing the range from all the water damage. Also that creek crossing looked very inviting to jump into at the end of the match to cool down.

-Eric