Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Guns

cybrosh

Hi :)

I should thank the Gear forum for the Nill grips. I've tried to speak to Germany, but to no avail. It was in the Gear forum, that SRT gave me the information on the importer of the grips - Larry's Guns in Maine. Superb service. It's extremely hot! :D

We don't have Production in my country, so I carry the P7 on a daily basis, and sometimes for matches(Standard division).

Cy, curious about that barrel in your modified gun. Is that a schuemann hybrid or a regular barrel with a sleeved-on hump? If it's the latter, can you share more info how it was done, particularly how the holes were drilled? Thanks.

Nice guns, btw. :)

Hi MC,

Well...I don't know much about the technical side, I can only give you a description and some info that I'm aware of.

The barrel is manufactured by Lothar Walther(Lother Walther). It's a match grade barrel, threaded, which like you've stated, has a sleeve on it.

Let me quote SPS :

4.5” highest quality threaded barrel made in stainless steel, conventional grooved, 6 grooves, supplied by the prestigious factory Lothar Walther, CNC mechanized by SPS, oversized in order to be fitted. Interior thread W14.5x40 in order to be fitted compensator.Ramped barrel. Polished stainless steel finish.

Mine's a custom model, so they've fitted a front sight on the barrel. The regular model, from the catalog, does not come with a front nor rear sight, since it comes with a Docter red dot sight.

Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks for the info Cy.

I'm trying to get more info from our local SPS distributor if they also carry the same barrels. I'm hoping it'll cost less than a schuemann (which btw, already costs close to US$800 for a similar config back here! :o)

Hey MC,

Anything new?

I'm quite interested to know whether the local SPS distributors in the US carry the same barrels.

Sorry, haven't gotten any info yet. This work stuff is totally getting into the way of the more important things. <_<:P

Edit: Oh, wait. I skimmed through 300#'ers post and didn't realize you might be thinking I'm US-based? 300#'ers right. :)

Kinda gives it away. :D

Anyway, that's a neat looking setup. Looks just like the Schuemann barrel. Lothar Walter's website doesn't have much to offer in the way of technical info. The SPS magazines keep showing up more and more. <_<