Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

drums in PCC

ormondopen

FYI, drum magazines are legal for PCC.  There is no length or capacity limit, and that is by design.

However, couplers will not be legal after this weekend.  I'll be posting an amended appendix on the USPSA web page, and putting the information out in the next news brief and Front Sight editions.  The board feels that we should follow the pistol rules with regards to where your magazines come from, and it makes sense to do so.  Thigh rigs or tie down rigs will not be legal, either.  Since this division is provisional, and growing, we can expect to have to make some changes on the fly.  Hopefully, those changes are not going to be too restrictive--all the ones to date have been driven by member input as well.  It IS a fun division to shoot, and people are wanting to be innovative with equipment.  That's a good thing, but we are still playing with carbines on pistol courses, therefore, we will adhere to the pistol rules in all areas where it makes sense, and modify to allow for innovation and as many guns as possible in the game where it doesn't. 

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again, some want more "rules".... I like the thought of run what you brung. Shot my 1st PPC match with anew  CZ Scorpion Rifle (30rounds). Worked out just fine. Same # of rounds as my Big stick for the 2011....STOP TYRING TO FIX WHAT"S NOT BROKEN!!!...

On 9/6/2016 at 4:19 PM, PPGMD said:

There are effectively no rules on magazines for PCC. Even couplers are being allowed.

Though I can't imagine a match where I would need a drum. My 41 round magazines are more than enough for even the toughest stage.

Monster match??? lol