Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem W/ New Kimber!

greenbean

Hello everyone. I have a brand new Kimber Ten II stainless that I just took out for the first time today. I started off by cleaning it and lubing all the necessary parts.

I fired the first round and the slide locked itself back, but did not return itself forward. I pushed it forward and fired another round to have the same problem happen. This time I couldn't easily move the slide so I disassembled the gun. Checked for what was possibly making the slide difficult to move back and forth. I lubed again and still had the same problems.

I underwent the process over a two hour period of taking it apart, wiping it down and relubing it about a dozen times. I even just maually worked the slide back and forth. It was very stubborn. I eventually noticed that the slide rails for about three inches from the front were becoming gouged on both sides to and I can't figure out from what.

All I feel I can do now is wait till Monday to contact customer service and hope they are very good to deal with.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this from their kimber or other 1911's? Any suggestions about how to deal with customer service and remedying this problem?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Haven't experienced any problem with my kimber that wasn't solved by going to wilson mags. Give the folks a call at Kimber. I talked to them once on a custom gun issue and they were very friendly/knowledgable and eager to help. I can only assume that they would be good to deal with.

later, Steven

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like a burr on the slide is causing the slide to cut into the alloy frame.

wilson mags would not work because his gun is a double stack gun.

i would give the folks at kimber a call