Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tweaking holster to fit Tanfo manufacturing variance?

I have 2 Stock 2s that were bought at different time.  The manufacturing variances are big enough to cause one fit perfectly well in a BladeTech holster for Stock 2, but the other wiggles back and forth even when I tighten the screws all the way. 

It appears that one has a slightly taller/fatter slide, while the other is thinner/shorter. 

What would be a good temporary tweak for the holster to fit the thinner/shorter one?  Let's say I am taking the thinner/shorter one to a match.  I don't want the gun fall out of the holster while I bend down to pick up something on the ground.  I also don't want the gun to clank in the holster loudly whenever I walk around.  Has anyone tried inserting a rubber thingy while not shooting stages and removing it right before your turn?  Will that be legal according to Rule Book?

It's a "new" vs old design change. There is a thread on the differences.

I have two and there is a diff, but I added thumb screws and just tighten or loosen to fit them as needed.

2 hours ago, johnbu said:

It's a "new" vs old design change. There is a thread on the differences.

I have two and there is a diff, but I added thumb screws and just tighten or loosen to fit them as needed.

Right, but some "new" vs. "old" are more significant than others.  I guess yours are not that different. 

In my case, the slide width and height are too different to be used in the same holster with the max range of screw adjustments. 

In fact, when I train with these 2, my hands grow callus at different spots. This just shows how different they are.