Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which books / videos for a newbie?

LowBoost

Long story short, family members, wife and I got hooked after attending / practicing IDPA.

I have the time and certainly a real interest in learning. I am patient, extremely detail oriented (Everyone says I am OCD), and like to read a lot. I am pretty much set to start off with a Dillon S1050. Not in a hurry, but just like many, I know I will upgrade sooner than later and also add a Mr. Bulletfeeder. I will only reload 9mm and eventually .223/5.56mm. While I wait to find a local mentor, I would like to read as many books and watch videos. This being said, I have done my homework and read a lot reviews about books, but there a lot of contradictions in the reviews.

Would you be so kind to point me to the correct books I should get to start off? I believe the one book everyone agrees with is "The ABCs Of Reloading: The Definitive Guide for Novice to Expert" by Rodney James. Is this OK? What about other books that explains in detail what I need to do/expect and more advanced ones?

Thanks

ABCs of Reloading was the first book I read and it's a great place to start when it comes to terminology, things to watch out for, and load development. In the beginning, patience and constantly checking your work is key. Investing in a few load data books isn't a bad idea either. Lyman, Hornady, and Sierra are all good places to start.

I also would recommend taking a look through the Reloading section here. There's plenty of good info especially when it comes to Dillon equipment.