Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSI Bullet Collator issues

Hi - if this is not the correct location, please move...

I have a GSI bullet feeder for the 650.

My issue is the damn collator keeps on jamming on me.

The bullets I have are the Montana Gold 124gn 9mm. I notice the bullets jam against the aluminum piece that holds the leather flap.

This is their "newer" design that has the collator mounted on a separate pole/stand.

I'm getting frustrated, about to call them soon, but wanted to see if any of you have issues with your collator?

Do you have the right collator ring? There are two different collator ring types. The ring that runs the bullets in a vertical orientation is recommended for lighter bullets (less than 135gr)

The collator ring that runs the bullets in a sideways orientation is intended for heavier bullets, and does not require the leather flap for operation.

Would be easier to see a video of the error.

Having the correct ring is key. I found out that they have several more than the ones listed in their dropdown options. I'd give them a call with the ring you have and the bullets you're using. I'm sure they'll fix you right up and you'll be going in no time.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Yes - turns out they have shipped me the incorrect ring. I tried the ring with 115gn round nose and it works fine with that.

I did see my order form and it said 124 gn Montana Gold JHP which is what I wanted.

Oh well. I'm glad they are shipping me the correct one.

I still can't understand needing a new ring for basically every different weight and/or profile. with the mbf I can use the 9/38 plate with anything from 100gn SWC right up to 160gn RN and almost anything in between including 115gn RN, 124GN FP, 124GN RN, 125GN JHP, 135gn RN and that's what I can remember using off the top of my head. it does take about 5min or so to adjust sometimes but many of those ran without changing anything. the GSI guys had some great ideas but the collator just seems more difficult than it needs to be. :(