Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Mod2 3" for conceal carry

JGus

Is anyone conceal carrying an XD Mod2 3"? I'm thinking about getting one for ccw. I currently carry a S&W Shield but like the extra capacity of the XD Mod.

I'd appreciate any feedback of any kind from people using this model for ccw. Also, what holster are you using? Thanks.

I don't have the Mod2 but I do have the original XD-9. I have a Glaco King Tuk IWB holster I carry in. It isn't to bad to carry but it is heavy once you get 13+1 rounds in it kind of pulls on the ole belt a bit I have no problem concealing it but I am 6'2" and 260lbs. I do like the extra capacity and the way the XD feels but I got a Glock 43 with a CrossBreed mini tuck and is much easier and comfortable to carry I don't like the 6+1 capacity so I carry a extra mag in my pocket to at least get me to the 13 rounds carried. If you want the extra capacity I would look at the Glock 26 it weights 26oz loaded and the is what the XD weights empty. Its all a trade off get something and give up that.

While I like my Shield, I like the ergo's of the XD Mod2 better. Just feel it fits my hand better. And I've owned an XD 4" and currently own a couple XDM 5.25's, so I have experience with Springfield's, just not the XD Mod2. Plus I found a really good deal on one so that also comes into play. Just wasn't sure about carry comfort, holster availability, etc.?

I appreciate the info.