Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old style safety question

kneelingatlas

The spring and safety detent is located inside the frame on the left side. Look in from the top and you should be able to see it. The spring runs back behind the pin (you can see in your picture) that holds the hammer pin in place.

The spring pushes the detent forward into the safety to hold it in either the safe or fire position.

Here's a link to the CZ Custom web site showing the part. If your's is worn or missing it's only $4.50. If the safety is worn they sell those as well. If the spring is broken/weak they sell those, too. One of the things I love about CZs is the availability of parts. When I was carrying M&Ps I got so tired of ordering a pin from one place and a spring somewhere else because it seemed no one ever had parts in stock for them.

http://czcustom.com/cz-75-safety-detent-lhs.html

Edited by M1A4ME

On that gun the detent is located on the back side of the safety lever. It is a small arrow head looking piece with a small spring that goes up into the shaft of the lever. You can buy the spring and detent at GCW but you will need to drill the tiny hole in it so once you fight it back into position on the backside of the safety lever you can use a large diameter paperclip to hold everything in place through the outside hole in the middle of the safety lever while you install the safety back into the gun. You are about to experience a real CZ cussing match. Women and small children should not be in the room when you start trying to put this back. It is a Bitch at best and probably why the original person said the hell with it and left it out. Below is the detent and spring without the small hole. Same one that is used in the P-09/P07. Good luck!

https://cajungunworks.com/product/97225-p-0709-early-75-manual-safety-plate-spring/

Here's a video of what you are up against.

Edited by bowenbuilt

My Pre B CZ 85 doesn't have the same set up as that CZ75. My pins/detents are in the frame. Seemed much easier to get it apart/back together last week when i tore it down and put the new springs/pins in it.

Good luck with yours.