Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX 16" Carbine for PCC?

Tattoo

Sinistral that looks great! I really like the long handguards for the VTac barricade. Just like using my 3 Gun rifle.

Is the KE trigger 2 stage or one? I am still picking a trigger as I have heard or issues with some...

What do you think of the MRO? I have multiple Aimpoints....how does it compare?

T

The trigger is single stage. The Sig manual cautions against changing out the factory fire control because they have an over travel stop feature built into it. Because of the high bolt speed some trigger designs can double without the over travel stop. The KE DMR works in the MPX because is there is an over travel stop built into the hammer/trigger geometry.

The MRO has a bigger lens than the aimpoint Micro, and they are generally less expensive. Can't say I've seen any difference in performance between the two. The micro is better suited to use on guns requiring lower mounts like AKs and MP5s, on AR type designs I like the MRO better. I do wish the windage and elevation adjustments were capped; because they are exposed I mark them with a paint pen.

I just put a Geissele SSA in my MPX. Much better than the stocker. Geissele has stated their triggers do not need the additional support that the stock trigger bridge provides, and they will cover any issues via their gold warranty.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/56090-best-mpx-trigger-upgrade.html

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/59635-mcx-mpx-trigger-upgrade.html

Thanks for the info on the KE and Geissele triggers guys! I am hoping to get the play with both before I buy.

Did you notice any slight magnification or blue tint on the MRO??

T

Edited by Tattoo

Thanks for the info on the KE and Geissele triggers guys! I am hoping to get the play with both before I buy.

T

It does have a blue tint. Mounted further forward I noticed some distortion. Mounted at the rear I don't notice any.

T

It does have a blue tint. Mounted further forward I noticed some distortion. Mounted at the rear I don't notice any.

Thanks! I think I am just gunna stick with the T1 for now.

T