Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salient Arms International Blu - Legal?

SpecD2

The SAI looks aftermarket, but is a factory pistol from SAI. They definitely have made 2k or will soon (I confidently assume).

So it should be ESP legal! It has that magwell which is added to the grip, albeit from the factory. Heck, remove the magwell and perhaps SSP legal.

Thoughts?

post-64351-0-99209900-1469296593_thumb.j

Edited by SpecD2

Well, firstly, SAI doesn't 'produce' firearms... They modify firearms. That's a Glock, an enhanced glock. That being said, that firearm meets all requirements for ESP. All of the slide machining is ESP legal, no cutouts, cocking serrations... GTG.

BUT, there's no way you could pull that magwell off and shoot that in SSP... Don't get crazy! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, firstly, SAI doesn't 'produce' firearms... They modify firearms. That's a Glock, an enhanced glock. That being said, that firearm meets all requirements for ESP. All of the slide machining is ESP legal, no cutouts, cocking serrations... GTG.

BUT, there's no way you could pull that magwell off and shoot that in SSP... Don't get crazy! Lol

I would disagree. Its a Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame. Not sold as a complete gun. SAI builds these from the ground up, they are not modified Glocks, not Glocks at all, just a Glock clone.

I think 'production' is the term that is causing the confusion here.

Also, the frame, which is the foundation of any firearm... Is a timber wolf. An aftermarket Glock part... The gun is a Glock design... Reshaped, and modified. It's like saying a Roush, Saleen, or Shelby isn't a mustang.

Also, i honestly doubt that they are going to sell 2,000+ a year. I'm sure they sell 2,000+ pistols, but not of that model... Yet, anyway.

And Rowdy-

Sucks man... But you can shoot that in ESP, right? Or is that magic bushing that big of a deal in IDPA? Lol

• 1 month later...

If the serial numbers on the frames are assigned to Timberwolf by the BATF it is a Timberwolf frame. If the serial numbers are assigned to Salient by BATF then it is a Salient frame. If the serial numbers are assigned to Glock by the BATF, then it is a Glock. If the serial numbers aren't assigned to Glock then the pistol can not be approved for SSP or ESP as a Glock. It has to be approved as a whatever.