Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 And 35 Top-end Interchangeable?

sasquatch981

I was wondering if the top end of a G35 is interchangeable with a 3rd Generation G22. The reason I ask is that I may have a deal on a good G22, and later I may want to get a G35. Do you guys think it is better to get the G35 outright, or get the G22 and upper later. This is basically going to be the under the bed gun, with the ocassional production outing. I wanted it for the intregral light rail. Just testing the waters for opinions. Thanks

Matt

Buy the G35 now if that is the direction you want to go.

Hell buy a G22 and a G35. My guess is that buying the upper for a G35 (if you can) is going to be close to buying the whole pistol anyway. That opinon not based on anything other than staying in a holiday inn express last night :)

I have one of the old frame G22 and was thinking of getting a G35 slide with a KKM barrel from Glockmeister. I was qouted for about $450 for the a complete top-end and the price of a new G35 is around $580. Changed my mind on the upper and will just buy a complete G34 for Production for just $130 more. But to answer your question, the old G22 frame just needs a new ejector, but the newer ones should take the G35 top.

as soon as the classifiers update, ill be A class in limited 10.

i shot that with a lightly modified glock 22.

i dont think the G22 is a disadvantage at all.

put a 3.5 pound connector, heines, and a tungsten guide rod and go play. put the factory spring and rod in for carry.

if money is no object, buy the 22 for carry/home defense and a 34 to play production with.