Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weekly Classification Update

ZackJones

The weekly steel challenge classification update has been run for this week. Check out your classification and if you see anything fishy please let me know. We've already caught and corrected one issue I found this morning.

Does not appear to have changed any. Still about 5.5% away from GM in RFRO, 3.5% away from M in PCCO, and 5.5% away from A in RFPO. If it changed any is was in hundredths of percentage points.

Nothing changed for you. There's no change in the matches listed from when your initial classification was calculated. You should only see changes when a new faster time has been posted and your classification is recalculated.

How often are the peak times going to change?

I don't suppose any of my SC times from the 2010 time frame can be included. I also shot at least one sanctioned match in 2014.Oops I see one of my times from 2014 made it on there.

Edited by photoracer

How often are the peak times going to change?

I don't suppose any of my SC times from the 2010 time frame can be included. I also shot at least one sanctioned match in 2014.Oops I see one of my times from 2014 made it on there.

There's no set schedule for modifying PST's. I have been reviewing them since we've gone live with them to see where we're off. After our formal review upon completion of the WSSC they are likely to be tweaked.

Your times from 2010 would have been included if they were uploaded to steel challenge at the time of the classification update. If you can find a match where your time wasn't included and it should have been send me the link for the match and I'll investigate.

Some gee whiz stats after our weekly classification update:

We had growth across the board. LTD lead the way with 89 new classifications and across all divisions we added 397 new classifications.

Is there anyway members can see the currently classified shooter hierarchy in the divisions they shoot. Would be really nice to see how you compare to the best shooters in your division.

It's coming. I don't have an ETA yet though.

The weekly steel challenge classification update has been run for this week. Check out your classification and if you see anything fishy please let me know. We've already caught and corrected one issue I found this morning.

Apparently I made GM in RFRO. Does that qualify as fishy?

Is there anyway members can see the currently classified shooter hierarchy in the divisions they shoot. Would be really nice to see how you compare to the best shooters in your division.

This would be nice. I'd like to at least be able to see how many GM's there are in RFRO.

Apparently I made GM in RFRO. Does that qualify as fishy?

This would be nice. I'd like to at least be able to see how many GM's there are in RFRO.

No anyone that can shoot 5 of the 8 stages in sub-10 is GM material. (Assuming I looked up the right person, that is).

We'll get the numbers online eventually. Right now higher priority work is being done which is covered by my NDA so I can't talk about it.

Out of curiosity, since SCSA is an international organization, is this classification a worldwide classification or a national classification?

Technically world wide but the person has to be a USPSA member and there aren't a whole lot of them.

Out of curiosity, since SCSA is an international organization, is this classification a worldwide classification or a national classification?

Technically world wide but the person has to be a USPSA member and there aren't a whole lot of them.

Ah, true. Would be nice if SCSA tied up with IPSC, but I suppose that would create a whole lot of headaches that aren't all too necessary in the grand scheme of things.