Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

170mm options

Are there any high cap (28-29 +1) options for 9mm? Everywhere in the US seems to be "working on something", and the only 170mm complete are sold

in Europe which I'm assuming is small frame. Is the only option to get mags welded and play mix and match and 2011 springs/followers?

Are there any high cap (28-29 +1) options for 9mm? Everywhere in the US seems to be "working on something", and the only 170mm complete are sold

in Europe which I'm assuming is small frame. Is the only option to get mags welded and play mix and match and 2011 springs/followers?

EAA sells a 26 round 170mm for $150+. With a Grams follower and Wolff spring you should be able to get 28 9/38 in it. Only problem with it is that the metal is thin so when it is loaded all the way up the magazine is bowed out from the pressure. It is best to get 2 standard 17 rounders and have them welded together.

Edited by MrPostman

Notice the ribs on the short mag? The long mag doesn't have the ribs which in my case caused the 170mm to expand when loaded to capacity. I have owned a Gold Team and I had both types of mags, I had 140mm mag extensions on the one pictured on the left and they would hold 24 round of 38 supercomp. I never could get the 170mm one to run reliably....

Edited by MrPostman

The mag on the right (in the picture above) - without ribs - is small frame. Both works for me reliably with stock followers. Better picture:

edcdb444c3169de9a187e2d5f6dc2067.jpg

Edited by arkadi