Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 Prize Gun

BEDELLCUSTOM

I was the guy who won this gun at the Area 6 match. Still can't believe my luck. The gun is absolutely amazing. Although I have not been shooting IPSC long, I have handled quite a few top end guns and this one has the smoothest action and sweetest trigger of any that I have touched. The attention to detail on the frame and slide cuts is fantastic. All of the premium parts are greatly appreciated! Bedell Custom is at the top of their game! Rest assured the gun has a good home and will shoot lots of matches. In fact, I have signed up to shoot Area 1 out in Montana next month.

I was (and still am) in the middle of home building an STI. I wanted something of top quality and decided to try my hand at building a gun. Obviously I will not get anywhere close to the fit or finish of the Bedell gun but it has really given me a prime example of how a top notch gun is supposed to look, feel, and shoot. I will be selling my home built when it is finished but not the Bedell :D

The guys I shoot with at GPSL in Atlanta are really a great bunch of folks. Everytime I have needed help or advice, they have been right there. Not only are they some of the best shooters around, they are real gentlemen! Thanks all you GPSL guys for your support! :)

Rich

Well if it couldn't be me then I would rather it go to a newer shooter.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to blame any poor performance on your gun. But don't give up, as you get more time in the game you will learn there are plenty of things to blame your performance on. :)

Congrats. Hope it treats you well.

Dan,

I was wondering why the spitfire had 5 cuts on each side of the slide instead of the 4 that I have seen on some of the other spitfires you've built. Would it have anything to do with "year" coding the gun? (2004, 2005) I have seen custom knives coded in this manner.

Anything else you could tell me about the gun would be greatly appreciated.

I took the spitfire to the range today and shot it for the first time. It ran flawlessly. The really interesting thing was the first 3 rounds out of the gun made one ragged hole at 25 yards off a rest. I took that as a good omen :)

I was able to get one more double hole during the session but the average was about 1 inch groups. The gun is much more accurate than my ability to hold it steady.

Rich

richard,

sorry for the delay with my response. i just got back from the KY state match today. i am glad to hear the you like the spitfire that you won at the area 6 match. the 5 cuts we put on each side of the slide is a change that i made from the original design that had 4 cuts. i just changed the spacing a bit and added another cut on each side to further lighten the slide and i think it look nicer too. give me a call anytime if you have any questions.