Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets 135gr Load Data - Titegroup or Unique?

JohnnyD

Good Morning,

I just ordered a 750ct box of the 135gr to try out in my 5" XD. Looking for load data to make minor with Titegroup or Unique.

I normally cast and coat my own bullets but been really busy lately and need to find a secondary load for when I'm too busy to keep up.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Last week I loaded up 10 rounds of the following : 3.1gr, 3.2gr, 3.35gr, 3.5gr at 1.10" OAL in my Springfield XD Tactical

3.35gr and 3.5 shot the best.

I loaded up 50 rounds of 3.35gr to do further shooting and hoping someone has a chrono on Thursday at range I can borrow. I know I have to be making PF but curious what exactly. Still shot softer than my 127gr self cast bullets that make 131PF loaded with Unique.

Had some minor fouling closer to the chamber end but less than my PC bullets I have been shooting. Couple hits with brush and a few patches and it was good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying a chrono last week and was able to test these on Thursday. Still trying to figure the chrono and app out so I missed 1 shot out of this 10 shot string so only 9 shots. Trying to figure out the 2 950 range shots...might have been a slightly lighter powder drop...was just using Dillon powder measure...not weighing ea round.

Blue Bullets 135gr - 3.35gr TG 1.10" OAL Springfield XD9 Tactical (5" barrel)

Distance to Chrono ~10ft

Temperature 84* F

9 970

8 980

7 957

6 972

5 977

4 954

3 969

2 975

1 978

AVG 970.22 StdDev 9.13

AVG Power Factor - 130.98

I had 10 loads of 3.5 loaded up as well but I messed up with the Caldwell app and they didn't record. Avg was around 985-990.

Edited by JohnnyD