Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide lightening on open glock question

nofrontsight

Having issues with spring weights in both an open glock 17 (minor power factor) and open glock 34 (major pf). Both were having trouble going into battery with 10# recoil spring in the 17 and 12# rs in the 34. Swithced the 34 to a 15# and it fixed it, but not shooting as flat now. If i lighten the slides on both to run lightened recoil springs will I run into any problems with slide integrity specifically with shooting major 9mm loads? Both are running light weight striker springs, though not sure of weight.

You'd have to take a considerable amount of meat away from a Glock slide to compromise integrity. Much more than you'd see on the average slide cut.

We have many customers running this slide cut well over the 10k round mark and no issues for example:

GZ5kna5.jpg

I would start with the striker spring. zev has a light and then a lighest and i had to go with the lightest or it would pull the slide out of battery on my 17

My g35 gen4 with a zev guide rod and zev 13lb spring wouldn't go into battery vertically. But it works reliably with a jager guide rod and wolff 13 lb spring. Shoots flat too. I think the correct alignment of having an oem size head on the guide rod on the jager is what fixed the problem. I could be wrong.