Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Pro Diamond

jdrtla10

Has anyone used the illuminated pro diamond 1.5 x 5 x 32? I found quite a few posts on the non illuminated model. Will it work like a big red dot for up close hose'n. Or is the non illum model the way to got.( can't remember the last time i used the light on my cqt)

thanks for any info.

JD

AATWLG!

• 4 weeks later...

My Simmons Pro Diamond 1.5x5x20 shotgun (part#899608) just came in the Brown truck.

I took it out, unscrewed the turret knob cover and saw that it is marked "1 click = 1/2"@50 yds.

That turns out to be 1 click = 1moa (1" @ 100yds). Not the 1 click = 1/2 moa as advertised.

Do I have an oddball scope, are they all that way, or am I missing something?

Since the Simmons site lists adjustments as being 1/2 minute of angle I wonder if the newer scopes, i.e. not on sale at CDNN are really 1/2 moa.

In limited use I haven't noticed a problem with the 1 moa adjustment. Mine dialed in to 1/2 inch from point of aim at 50 yds. If I miss a shot because of 1/2 an inch I need to move to a more advantageous position. In failing light at 200 yds I managed a 3 inch group, the spread of which was over the point of aim.

Just my .02,

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Looked thru one in Dicks sporting goods. In the stores light, the diamond had pretty much washed out on it's brightest setting :( Definitely take advantage of the huge fov that the x20 offers!

I believe the only real purposes of the lit reticle are ....

1. hunting in minimal light

2. to sell more scopes! :angry: