Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XL650 owner - minor problem

Just finished setting up my xl650 I ordered from Brian and so far I am super impressed with it. One minor problem I am having is every fourth or fifth case falls over and has to be manually inserted into station 1. The manual doesnt really address that issue and neither does the Dillon forum (some posts on the same problem, but no real solutions that I could find).

I would appreciate any ideas/solutions from the users here.

The press is set up for 223 from the factory and I am not running the case feeder yet as I really want to learn to use it. I am manually loading up the tube with 9 pieces of brass at a time.

Thanks!

xdr

Is the case insert slide cam installed for rifle?

My thoughts exactly. When I forget to turn it around I cant get two pistol cases in a row to insert into the shell plate.

Thanks fellas,

I will check the cam tomorrow and if correct, will call Dillon for next steps. Despite the case feeding problem, this is a wonderful machine. I am so impressed with it and keep wondering why I didnt buy it sooner.

xdr

Well the cam is installed correctly so next step is to call Dillon.

Bigdodge: you mentioned some finetuning would remedy this. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

xdr

The station 1 locator just sits in a slot on the platform. This allows movement of the guide as the case is pushed into station 1. Occasionally the locator will rock as the case is dropped and pushed along the guide, creating different feed issues. One of which is the case falling over.

Try putting a drop of grease on the back side of the locator on the end away for the the shell plate. This will bring more stability to the locator, and hopefully cure your issue.

Edited by Jimk60