Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

carver cmore mount made it only one match

nofrontsight

Just trying to find out if this was a fluke, or if this is common with the carver mounts. Shot the double tap championship this last thursday, first match with this mount. By end of match I noticed the threaded area around the trigger pin screw had completely disappeared. Inner diameter was rounded off, outside diameter looks like it was slotted for a nut. Their appears to be no damage to the threads on the screw. Anyone else experienced this with carver's mounts?

post-63630-0-68460000-1465830079_thumb.j

I've run mine in several matches and have had the screw back out but I've never lost the nut like you did. I just keep an allen wrench handy and tighten it between stages. I can't seem to get locktite in there good enough to keep the screw from backing out.

I had a similar thing happen to one of my Carver mounts. Bobby was great to work with and replaced it quickly. When you install it, clean the pin with alcohol and the items the pin passes through with alcohol as well. Clean the nut with alcohol. Let dry. Slide pin into place but don't thread into nut. Drop blue Loctite into nut. Tighten bolt, unscrew it and tighten again. Wipe off excess Loctite then let it cure over night and it will stay tight. Just don't over tighten or you will pinch the trigger.

Edited by igolfat8