Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue Grips Cheap

revchuck

Thats looks like a good idea

Im having problems with the upper part of the hogue grips on my 625 catching my extracted rounds and hanging up though, not sure about how to fix it, its slowing my revo reloads down quite a bit. I cant switch to wood grips, I never have been able to hang onto wood ones.

Im having problems with the upper part of the hogue grips on my 625 catching my extracted rounds and hanging up though, not sure about how to fix it, its slowing my revo reloads down quite a bit. I cant switch to wood grips, I never have been able to hang onto wood ones.

Last year I bought a pair of wooden Hogue grips at the IRC and asked Pat Hogue about the problem with moons interfering with my reloads. He showed my how much to scallup away the grip and then to oil them so that the color came back to the original.

With their rubber grips I aways take my dremel with a sanding wheel and burn away the rubber until it does not interfer with moons. Hogues fit my hands better than any other grips I've tried so even though I have to modify them a little they are well worth it.

I ordered two sets - one for my Beretta Brigadier and one for my Colt Official Police. The Colt takes the same grips as a Python. Mine are Pau Ferro, smooth, with no fingergrooves. I can finally get rid of the Goodyears. :)

I ordered two sets - one for my Beretta Brigadier and one for my Colt Official Police.  The Colt takes the same grips as a Python.  Mine are Pau Ferro, smooth, with no fingergrooves.  I can finally get rid of the Goodyears. :)

Well, they got here today. I'm glad to say that I can now take my Colt out among polite company, since the Goodyears are gone. :D

The Beretta grips are nice, too.