Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp01, Sphinx And Tanfoglio Stock Custom

ipsc1

This is GREAT news! Now, we just need to get the general assembly to vote the right way on this issue. My thoughts are:

1) Other approved guns cost the same or more (eg Beretta Steel I: $1600 vs. SP-01: $495 to $575).

2) Other approved guns have the same mag capacity (eg ParaOrd LDA P18; over $1000)

3) Other approved guns weigh as much or more ( eg Beretta Steel I and Sig Steel 226)

4) Other approved guns use a heavy/long dust cover of steel (Jericho 941, IMI Baby Desert Eagle, several other Tanfoglios, CZ 97B).

So I see no logical reason to vote out these guns (particularly the SP-01). Sure, there might have been some hurt feelings after the companies were sent warning letters & built the guns anyway, but the guns meet the same rules as the rest of the approved-list guns. Lets hope that IPSC does the right thing. Regards,

D.C. Johnson

If I shoot my SP-01 in production at this weekends match, am I legal ???

From CZ Forum

CZ SP01 back in the IPSC production list !!!

Hi all. This is the good news of the day !!!

CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models, including P-01 model), 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110 <P> CZ 75 SP-01 (approved pending a vote at the 2005 General Assembly)

I want one. Where are they available???  :huh:

Merlin..

give Angus or Matt a call..bet they can set you up or on a list..

know only a few came into the country..not sure if they are all gone yet or not..

I have e mails in to both of them.. I read somewhere in a thread here that there was some kind of "special intro price" thing going on right now... Hopefully it will still work now that the legality situation has changed. I am sure the SP-O1 stock just rose sharply! ;)

The way I was reading whats being posted on the IPSC site, they are back on the list, approved pending a vote by the GA..... and any rule changes by the GA don't take effect until Jan of the following year? So at worst, legal til next Jan.... best, back on the list for good? Keep your fingers crossed.

Seems like the people griping the most on the IPSC board about this decision, were the Germans.... who evidently started this whole mess. :huh:

Angus' price on the 1st couple of guns in the US was $495. While not set in stone, the final retail price is looking like $550 to $575 for the box stock gun.

There are factory options & Production-legal add-ons like a fiber optic front sight that will cost more if you order the gun that way through Angus. Apparently there is also a Factory option hammer that offers a better trigger pull like the special trigger pull offered on the Production approved special edition Walther 9mm or the better than average trigger that comes standard on the more expensive Beretta Elite II (compared to the 92).

The $550 SP-01 really does come as a standard gun with parts very similar (or possibly interchangeable) with the police issue P-01 compact alloy frame 9mm. Since its looking like it will be in general production as a regular CZ product, there is nothing special or custom about the stock parts or stock guns, hence the low asking price. CZ's offering of an optional factory competition hammer or factory fiber optic sights is no different than Beretta offering a race version of their 92 (the Elite II) or installing a 3.5 Glock connector in a USPSA Glock 17. The factory optional parts for the SP-01 are not needed for USPSA or IPSC & I choose not to use fiber optics on any of my guns.

Let all of the above-mentioned the guns into the Division & the shooter's talent will decide who wins.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Tanfoglio Stock Custom is what I am waiting on now Faustulus told me about them, they are pretty trick "produciton" guns. The Stock would be fine now right?

When does the GA vote on these? Anyone know

Sp01's are very cool guns. Looks like the CZ team will al be running them for theWS in Ecuador.

All of the team now have slots.

Todd Sindelar

Matt Mink

Petros Millionos

And ME.

We will not be able to compete as a team IPSC wil not let a team from the independant state of Kansas City enter although we did look at the possibiltiy of becoming the Paraguay tem

The only reason I think that the Tanfo SC shouldn't be allowed is the magwell. Remove it, good to go in PD, IMO.

I agree with 300lb Gorilla, I like the Stock Custom and I have no problem with the full length dust cover, but the extended mag well is pushing it a bit. Not to say I don't want one and wouldn't buy one for production.