Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The move

Closest for you will be Mobile Pistol Shooters Association in Vinegar Bend AL. I believe they shoot USPSA on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays. There are several other options (Dothan, Shorter, Hoover, etc.), but they're all going to be over a 3 hour drive.

I just got back to a computer, so I can comment a little more.

There are 3 good USPSA matches within a 2 hour drive.

MPSA in Vinegar Bend, AL - probably 1:15 from Daphne

BPSA in Biloxi, MS - 1:10

ECPS near Baker, FL - 1:45

You can check out my youtube channel in my signature for videos from those matches.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info. Guess from reading the first thing to do is get my concealed carry so I can transport my guns.

In alabama no permit required just to transport an unloaded gun where it can't be accessed (say in your bag in your trunk). But you will definitely want a permit... welcome to a gun friendly free state.

You can check out my youtube channel in my signature for videos from those matches.

Good info. Can you give us an idea of typical turnout at the 3 locations? What about level of competition? Good mix of divisions?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like Alabama is more like my home state, Missouri. Moved to the dreaded Illinois 20 years ago for a woman with the understanding we would move south after the kids were through school. The time is here.

Edited by chuckpetree

Good info. Can you give us an idea of typical turnout at the 3 locations? What about level of competition? Good mix of divisions?

Thanks.

MPSA - 20-40 shooters, decent mix of Production/Limited/Open

BPSA - typically 50+ shooters, lots of good competition in Production/Limited/Open

ECPS - Hasn't even been around a year yet and had almost 60 people at the most recent match. They just added new bays at CORE that are fantastic and are going to be continuing to improve as time goes on. Mainly Limited and Production at this most recent match.

Thanks--I really appreciate the rundown. Fairhope is one of the places we're considering for retirement and having decent matches within reasonable distance to attend on most weekends is a big part of the equation.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info. Guess from reading the first thing to do is get my concealed carry so I can transport my guns.

In alabama no permit required just to transport an unloaded gun where it can't be accessed (say in your bag in your trunk). But you will definitely want a permit... welcome to a gun friendly free state.

...AND if you are retired military, there is no fee for your concealed carry permit.