Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Muscleman 3gun Match Dates

All of you folks interested in trooper class (and all other 3 gunners as well) will love this match. A 1.5 mile long course with lots of shotgun, pistol and short/LONNNNNNGGGGG range rifle targets. The format is a team match, with both team members shooting a pistol, one shooting shotgun and the other handling rifle duties.

The match is very fun and challenging, and I would highly reccomend it to anyone looking for a chance to test their skills, gear and fitness. Last years match was won by Kurt Miller and Pat Kelley (from OK). B)

Proceeds from the match go to charities such as the MDA and Children's Miracel Network.

Come out to scenic Southcentral Kansas and test your skills and stamina against a challenging course with a fun atmosphere. Hope to see you there! :)

The Army had a team there last year and they loved it, Talked like they would have more than one team this year if not deployed. KHP (Ks Highway Patrol) has had a SRT sniper there the past 2 years and several of the others keep talking about coming. :wacko:

First, the page you sent us to is bot working.

Second, It would really be helpful of you folks would put the location for the matches in these notes. If everybody knew all about these matches, making the announcement would not have a function.

Billski

Hello Billski,

First, the page you sent us to is bot working.

First: The website is/has been working for me - there may be a problem on your end. I've been on the site both today and yesterday without any problems.

Second, It would really be helpful of you folks would put the location for the matches in these notes. If everybody knew all about these matches, making the announcement would not have a function.

Billski

Second: The match is located near Arkansas City, Kansas, down near the Kansas/Oklahoma border - almost directly South of Wichita. A detailed map is available on the functioning(for me anyways?) website.

Thanks for the interest and semi-constructive feedback. :)B):D

This will be the 5th. Muscleman match, Joel and crew have been working on targets and different presentations for this years match. Rifle star will be out to 300 yds. with new 9 inch plates. We are also working on some very fun side matches using 2 motorized clay throwers.

I talked with last years Army team at length and they felt it was one of the best matches they shot all year and they shoot around 30 matches a year.

We only have room for 32 teams so when Aug. arrives get those apps. in. Keith

I'm not sure what the problem is with getting on the site. I have had 3 different people tell they couldn't get on there, but I have numerous folk who get on there just fine. I am inclined to think it is on their end or with there server somehow. I talked to the Army team and they are planning on 2 teams this year depending of course on deployment status.

I was planning to be there for the Army Team but will be deployed. Maybe Aaron can find someone to take my place, but I don't think so.

Adios

Greg

• 6 months later...

Will, we are thinking of doing a more coventional type 3 gun match in April, entry fee should be around $100.00. If you go to the web page and get on the E-mail list you'll be notified as to the status of the match. Last year an Army team from Ft. Benning markmanship unit shot the match. There are some monthly 3 gun matches in Augusta KS. on the second Saturday of the month and fourth Sat. in Arkansas City except this month we shoot this Saturday Nov. 19 to avoid Thanksgiving. Hope to see you at a match some time. Keith