Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Glock 34 magwell for big hands?

Hello: Looking for a magwell that will allow the full hand width on the grip without pushing the hand into the trigger guard. How big the magwell funnel is not important. Full hand contact on the grip is. I hope I made this clear now? Thanks, Eric

I have experience with two brands that might interest you. The Dawson Ice is a low profile magwell with little flare that should leave plenty of room for bigger hands. I have smaller hands and it seems there is plenty of room on the grip above the magwell, but whether it would allow the full hand width on the grip without pushing the hand into the trigger guard will depend on how big your hands are. I measure approximately 2.5 inches from the very top of the magwell into the undercut of the trigger guard on mine. The Carver magwells are a very slender profile that really should not push your hand up into the trigger guard much, if at all. I measure about 2.25 inches on the Carver for the same measurement, but the Carver has little flare so the measurement is deceiving in that regard. They don't have much flare to them which is what would push your hand up into the trigger guard. I hope the measurement helps a little, but you might want to take a look at the Dawson and Carver websites to see exactly what I have described. Of the two, I think the Carver might work the best for bigger hands and the criteria you described.

TTI is making what looks to be a low profile brass magwell with a similar profile to the Dawson Ice, but I have no experience with them.

The SJC's are a very nice magwell, but won't fit your criteria in that they have a a big profile and broad flare that tends to push your hands up into the gun. They work great for me with small hands, but I think you can rule them out for you.

The only way to know for sure is to find a shooter with the magwell you have in mind and get them to let you handle the gun. You could always call Dawson and Carver and put the same question to them. Both have always been very helpful in my experience.

Eric,

I have an Ice on both my G17L and G24 and they seem to work well for the limited amount of shooting I do with them. My big hands fit without getting jammed up into the trigger guard. You are already going to do it but I suggest trying one anyway!

Neal in AZ

The Dawson takes off about .25" of the total grip length. I have them on both of mine, only difference being gen 4 but I'm not sure how much if any different the grip is. I am coming to Sharpshooters tomorrow mid day, if you were able to stop by you are welcome to hold them in hand if you haven't already ordered.

Hello: Guys I appreciate the info. Neal, if they fit your hands they will fit mine. "BRadcliffe", I won't be able to make it there today but I thank you for the offer. Going to order one today from Shooters Connection. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...