Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey P320 Gurus... Need help with a P320 Open Gun for the wife.

idHawk

As the title suggests, I want to build and P320 Open Gun for my wife. She wants to start shooting a few matches here an there with me. Last year I built her a beautiful 2011, and she shoots it just fine, but she is more comfortable with a dot and the 2011 is too big for her hands, even with a grip reduction. She shoots Steel Challenge with a .22LR with a red dot and really enjoys it. She is not intimidated by iron sights, she just wants to shoot a dot. I have a P320 in the stable that I bought a small grip for. I think it will work great. I want to mount an optic to the slide and add a magwell. Carry Optics is an option, but she likes the idea of fewer mag loads, so I might as well add a magwell.

I am looking for the best options for each of the following mods:

1. Slide cuts for optics. Recommendations? I will most likely put a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro or one of the new Sig Romeos on it. Looking for quality work, but I am also wanting to get this done fairly quickly, so I am open to suggestions.

2. Magwell options for the small grip. Is anyone other than Springer even doing magwells? Nothing against the Spring versions, just looking for other options at this point. Also, I am not sure if they even do them for the small grip.

3. Extended Mag bases. Right now, the only options seem to be Spring and Taylor Freelance. Are there others? I am not a big fan of the way the Springer bases are retained. Also, not sure which springs and followers Springer is using. They are advertised as Grams, but I talked to them and they are not making them specifically for the P320.

I appreciate any suggestions you guys have. I have searched the forums and gotten some info, but much of it is over a year old and with this platform being as new as it is, I was hoping there are newer options available at this point.

As the title suggests, I want to build and P320 Open Gun for my wife. She wants to start shooting a few matches here an there with me. Last year I built her a beautiful 2011, and she shoots it just fine, but she is more comfortable with a dot and the 2011 is too big for her hands, even with a grip reduction. She shoots Steel Challenge with a .22LR with a red dot and really enjoys it. She is not intimidated by iron sights, she just wants to shoot a dot. I have a P320 in the stable that I bought a small grip for. I think it will work great. I want to mount an optic to the slide and add a magwell. Carry Optics is an option, but she likes the idea of fewer mag loads, so I might as well add a magwell.

3. Extended Mag bases. Right now, the only options seem to be Spring and Taylor Freelance. Are there others? I am not a big fan of the way the Springer bases are retained. Also, not sure which springs and followers Springer is using. They are advertised as Grams, but I talked to them and they are not making them specifically for the P320.

Sig is now offering 21 round mags http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=231583

1. Slide cuts for optics. Recommendations? I will most likely put a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro or one of the new Sig Romeos on it. Looking for quality work, but I am also wanting to get this done fairly quickly, so I am open to suggestions.

2. Magwell options for the small grip. Is anyone other than Springer even doing magwells? Nothing against the Spring versions, just looking for other options at this point. Also, I am not sure if they even do them for the small grip.

I appreciate any suggestions you guys have. I have searched the forums and gotten some info, but much of it is over a year old and with this platform being as new as it is, I was hoping there are newer options available at this point.

1. Springer Precision has been doing some optic cuts for P320 including Delta Point. The P320RX that will ship with the optic installed is currently in production and we should see them rolling out in the next month or so. Completed guns will be coming before anything else. You might also check in with Bobby Carver. He hinted that he was working on something for the P320 and he might have a frame mounted optic option worked up.

2. Springer is the only real game in town. He can install magwells on a small grip module. He also has a huge six ounce brass magwell that might go over well on an Open gun.

3. Springer and Taylor Freelance are good options. Springer has the only 170mm option for the P320 at present with his plus 10 extension. I would get a couple of those and then grab some SIG factory P320 21 round magazines to get you started.

The biggest challenge you will have is finding a full size threaded barrel and a matching comp. I would ask Scott Springer about this as well. He has been itching to do a compensator on a P320 and may have some ideas.