Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inland Empire 3-gun

Inland Empire 3-Gun

Coeur D'Alene, Idaho

July 30 - 31

8 Challenging Multi-Gun Stages

1 Machine gun start (machine gun and ammo provided)

Lunch on Saturday included in match fee.

Open, Limited, Tactical and Heavy Metal Divisions

Lots of trophies and the usual SPPL mondo random draw prize table.

Last year this match filled by mid-July and we had to turn away far too many shooters so we are expanding to a 2 day format in order to 1) have more stages to shoot and 2) accomodate more shooters. Plan to shoot 5 stages on Saturday and 3 stages on Sunday. Scores & Awards will be announced in the early afternoon Sunday. Staff will shoot July 29th.

Match Info

Stages

Entry Form

Early Bird Entry Deadline is 30 June

Sponsored by:

SPPL_WebHeader.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BTT...

We have confirmed that the prize table will include a DPMS rifle again this year. There are rumors of a shotgun and a pistol as well but nothing for sure yet.

There are still slots available so get those entries in!

Early Bird Deadline (for lower match fee and shirt orders) is 30 June.

Yes, we are aware that this conflicts with the NW Sectional pistol match. Stuff happens when there are so many matches that have to be schedule in a summer and moving either match is not really an option to do range scheduling.

Lodging is available about 15 minutes from the range. Accomodations range from Motel 6 all the way up to two story penthouse suites overlooking lake Coeur D'Alene. For the non-shooting parts of the family there is a large theme park just north of Coeur D'Alene. FYI North Idaho

• 2 weeks later...

I don't actually live in Coeur D'Alene; more like about 70 miles south of there. So, I don't really know much about the accomodations and wouldn't want to send you to an unsuitable hotel. :)

There are some folks on here that live closer that might be able to get you lined out.

You might also check Post Falls, ID. It is just down the road a few miles (less than 10) but not really the "resort town" so rates might be better.

smok...,

You might also look near the Spokane airport. There's several places that are clean and competitively priced near downtown Spokane, but I wouldn't park a car with $3-4K worth of guns in it there overnight and expect to see them again. Getting cheap accommodations in CDA in summer is a hopeless endeavor at best. The only thing I could think of would be the Shilo Inn near I-90, but keep in mind that Post Falls is only a few miles down the road so saving $20 a night is worth the drive.

If you stay at the Spokane Airport (or anywhere near I-90), you're welcome to carpool with me. I have to drive right past there to get to the range, so it would be no problem at all.

I am thinking Post Falls it is. I was wondering what the drive would be like so thanks for the help. When I initially looked in CDA I about dropped when the cheap stuff was $150+ a night.

Thanks for the offer of a ride but I will be driving up from Salt Lake so I will have wheels.

Take care, Craig

Jeez...for $150 a night you could stay down in Moscow/Pullman and drive in every day like I do and still come out about $80 a day ahead.

There is also some camping available near the range. Not sure if they are allowing for camping at the range for non-members or not.

See you at the match Craig! I'll be shooting Friday and ROing on the weekend; not sure what stage yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

I received word today that Remington has signed on and is sponsoring at least a stage. Thanks Remington!

Other stage sponsors are Montana Gold, R&R Racing, Hodgdon and several others which just fled from my mind. DPMS is the Match Sponsor as previously announced.

There are still slots available!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish I could get off work to be able to come play that weekend. :angry:

I wish all who are able to go the best. :)

I keep trying to get my feet wet in this sport but work seems to ussually be in the way. Working weekends is rough! :angry:

Hey rschoon,

You are welcome to come on out and watch for an hour or two! That will give you the bug for sure!

Staff will be shooting Friday. If that works better for you contact Bill Sahlberg (contact info on SPPL website) and see if there is room for you to shoot with us.

Hey rschoon,

You are welcome to come on out and watch for an hour or two!  That will give you the bug for sure! 

Staff will be shooting Friday.  If that works better for you contact Bill Sahlberg (contact info on SPPL website) and see if there is room for you to shoot with us.

Yea, watch, Boy that would suck as I already have the bug. Just ask my wife. But I already plan on giving Bill a call on Tuesday and just go without sleep for friday night. (I am working night shift. :(

• 2 weeks later...

kimel, Eric,

Thanks for the hospitality, but I am not going to be able to make it. I couldn't get a trade for a shift at work. I will be looking for you guys at Area 1 3 gun though. Have a great match!

Take care, Craig

Crag, that's too bad but I certainly understand. I came within inches of not being able to shoot it this year either.

Not sure if I will make the A1 3Gun yet. I want to but getting all the details to fall into place is being harder than it should be.

This match has been incorrectly (to the best of my knowledge) listed on USPSA's website as a USPSA point series match. This is not so. This match will be run under USPSA *safety* rules, but is not USPSA sanctioned, and will be scored using time plus.

Just so there is no confusion.

This is my biggest match to date. I am pretty excited. I got my days off changes around a little so I will be able to be there at least for Sat. morning to help out and watch some of the top gunners. Yeaaaa

Kimel and EricW,

It will be good to meet you and put a face to your forum names!

See you Friday! :D

Cool! Saw your name on the squad list when Bill sent it down to me to put it up on the website so figured you must have managed to get something worked out.

Bring lots of fluid...it is gonna be a hot one Friday.

See you Friday!