Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Screw Up

G17raider

On sunday, I shot my second ever match. So on the classifier stage, it was a El Prez style. So I drew and made my shots very smooth. Proceeding the reload, I fired two shots and then on the second target hit the no-shoot! I finished and the RO was all like "Oh man! You were doing so well!"

What I learned from this is to wait for those sights to come back to the correct point of aim and not rush to get the time. :rolleyes:

Hah...somebody else screwed up on that classifier....that was the last classifier that I needed to get classified in production, gotta get back to the moonclips...

I got expert coaching on the turn, which worked really well, felt that the timing and hits were there, then did the mag change nice and smooth, got the next two rounds off and then nothing...slide fails to go into battery...instead of smashing the slide into battery by hand, I tapped/racked and watched it not go again, so I repeated that again and again, 4 friggin times...drop the mag, go for the next one and they all worked just fine....26 seconds for a new world record on what should have been under 10 for me....and that was my first stage of the day, I knew I was in for an ass kicking for the rest of the match...

michaels

The proper way to shoot classifiers is to just go balls to the wall and hope for the best. If you shoot enough classifiers, you will eventually end up in a class where you have no chance of competing. ;)

Seriously, if you haul butt you are a grandbagger. If you back it off a notch you are a sandbagger. So, just shoot your game and be honest with yourself. The hits will be what they will be and the time is what it is. It took me five years to figure that out.

I agree Ron,

But the problem we had Sunday was that the classifier was the "first" stage of the day. Talk about shooting *cold*. It dont get colder than that.

Normally at Richmond we dont start a squad on the classifier but there was a class on one of the bays and with 4 squads, one had to start there. Hateddd-ittt.

Yeh, I usaually go-for-it on classifiers but it was my first match since the Florida Open so i was conservitive, should have done better.

Michael,

practice that turn often, it really gets you *around* fast.

I practice it about 50 times a day, sometimes with just the torso and head moving ( no foot movement ) to get the *twisting* muscles in shape.

Dan

Um Dan, you forgot to tell me about the "day after" pain period....I went home and did about 3k of those turns, Monday & Tuesday you'd think I'd been hit by a medium size bus....once they fix my lower back and maybe one knee I'll be ok...

I guess picking up brass is out for a couple of days too....

but thanks for the help on the turn, I'm ready for next time...

michael sousa