Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 ,21 rd magazines

Sthrngnr

I ordered three today. It looks like the base pad will need to be modified or replaced with one of the standard base pads if you are running a magwell. Also, a reliable 21 rounds from the factory is awesome but you should be able to get two more with Grams springs and followers.

What basepads are you guys using?

I ordered three today. It looks like the base pad will need to be modified or replaced with one of the standard base pads if you are running a magwell. Also, a reliable 21 rounds from the factory is awesome but you should be able to get two more with Grams springs and followers.

What basepads are you guys using?

I have a magwell on my 3 Gun grip so right now I have some factory base pads from my 17 round magazines to allow me to use the 21 rounders.

I have some other 140mm extensions that go on the standard 17 round magazines and those work well with the right springs and followers but I plan on standardizing on the longer, 21 round tubes as soon as Springer Precision's new extensions are available.

Springer already has the new Grams P320 kits (the previous ones were XDM kits that didn't lock back or feed the last round well) and the new extensions for the long tubes are being anodized.

I will see if he has an update since I have my first major 3 gun of the year in a couple of weeks.

It would only makes sense for someone to stock the tubes only, since the spring, follower and basepads are going to be changed out anyway. Hope Sig takes note and will offer the tubes for sale to the competitors.

It would only makes sense for someone to stock the tubes only, since the spring, follower and basepads are going to be changed out anyway. Hope Sig takes note and will offer the tubes for sale to the competitors.

I think the vast majority of shooters who buy these will be running the stock springs and followers. A lot of P320 fans look to be picking them up for things like range use or as a backup magazine for carry. Even several 3 Gunners seem happy to settle on two fewer rounds in a hassle free package. For me, however, if I can get two or three more rounds then it's worth the investment. I heard from Springer that the red extensions were in now. I am waiting on black or blue and then I plan on ordering six or so.

Looking forward to the new gun when it gets here. Spoke with a shooter yesterday that shot the new 320, and he is a strong Glock shooter. He said the the new gun's trigger is night and day ahead. I will be getting the 21 rounders, and bumping up the round count as well. Would like the tubes though.

• 3 weeks later...

I got some new Springer Precision extensions for the 21 round magazines. It brings the capacity to a reloadable 23 when paired with the new Grams P320 spring kits (which lock back and properly feed all rounds) or 22 with the factory spring and follower.