Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 ,21 rd magazines

Sthrngnr

Has anyone used the stock Sig 320, 21 round magazine. I saw that Taylor freelance and Springer has a aftermarket base pad.The sig seems like a better buy

When did SIG start offering a 21rnd mag for the P320?

I ordered three today. It looks like the base pad will need to be modified or replaced with one of the standard base pads if you are running a magwell. Also, a reliable 21 rounds from the factory is awesome but you should be able to get two more with Grams springs and followers.

I ordered three today. It looks like the base pad will need to be modified or replaced with one of the standard base pads if you are running a magwell. Also, a reliable 21 rounds from the factory is awesome but you should be able to get two more with Grams springs and followers.

Alma do you have a link to the Grams springs and followers.

Thanks Matt

Alma do you have a link to the Grams springs and followers.

Thanks Matt

Springer Precision sells them but right now he has been using XDM followers for the P320 magazines while Bevan Grams finalizes the P320 specific follower design. The XDM followers will not lock back the slide and could use a bit more tension on the last round but will reliably feed 23 rounds. You can modify those followers to put a bit more tension on the last round or I sometimes completely modify followers designed for the CZ TS to get 23 rounds and a lock back but for most people it will be easier to just wait for Bevan to put out the P320 ones. I will follow up with him soon to see where he is with it.

• 2 weeks later...

My three mags arrived the other day. Round #21 was tight but it went in by hand and I functioned checked the gun with 21+1 and it ran without an issue shooting my 127PF loads.

I also got a mag gage from Springer Precision. These things fit the gage but they are perhaps just a hair longer than they need to be. It's obvious that SIG was shooting for them to be exactly 141.25mm and they are on the money. If using the stock base pads, however, I might shave the smallest of passes off of that bottom corner of the base pad just to make sure.

Springer Precision is hard at work making an aftermarket base pad that will extend the front of the magazine to ensure you get the most possible rounds into that 141mm package.

In the meantime you can remove the factory base pad that is designed to fill in the grip and replace it with a base pad off of a standard 17 round magazine if you want to run these with a magwell grip.

I saw pictures of Lena at USPSA 3 Gun Nationals and it looked like she was running these magazines with the standard base pads in her gun. I expect Phil was running them to except Phil also looked to be shooting one of the "Target" grip modules with the integrated factory magwell. I need more pictures to confirm.

Alma, do you know if there is a 320rx off a Target configuration in the works or just existing sizes?

[dang, wrong topic, but too late now, sorry all]

I asked at Shot Show and the response at the time was "eventually."

Why the heck wouldn't they bring out a .40sw/.357sig version? I'm guessing because of the 140mm tubes, the thinking was this product is catering to the competition market... I doubt many LEOs are walking around with mags these long on their belts. With that in mind what divisions mag length limit is 140mm? Limited. What is the most common caliber in limited? .40sw. Especially when the .40sw tubes can reliably be used with 9mm, but the .40sw can't be used in the 9mm tubes. It's so frustrating that SIG has put out an exceptional handgun that I want to use in competition and keep making efforts to support competitive shooters, but yet they keep falling short in my opinion.

Why the heck wouldn't they bring out a .40sw/.357sig version? I'm guessing because of the 140mm tubes, the thinking was this product is catering to the competition market... I doubt many LEOs are walking around with mags these long on their belts. With that in mind what divisions mag length limit is 140mm? Limited. What is the most common caliber in limited? .40sw. Especially when the .40sw tubes can reliably be used with 9mm, but the .40sw can't be used in the 9mm tubes. It's so frustrating that SIG has put out an exceptional handgun that I want to use in competition and keep making efforts to support competitive shooters, but yet they keep falling short in my opinion.

There is a crazy new game called 3 Gun where most everyone is running around in TacOps or LImited with 9mm guns and 140mm magazines.

Ok, I get that. I'm aware that Lena M who just joined on to SIG said at shot "I shoot 3-gun and only 3-gun. The only time I shot a pistol only was on the way to a 3-gun match.", BUT majority of their team are USPSA/Steel Challenge shooters to my knowledge and the fact remains that 9mm runs in .40sw tubes. .40sw does not run in 9mm tubes. More than anything I'm just frustrated because I was an early adopter of the P320 (I believe my serial number put my first P320 in the first 3000 produced/sold) and this whole time they've been feeding us a lot of promise and hype, but not delivering.

Phil Strader mentioned at SHOT that a 40 set up for USPSA limited division will be one of the configurations of the target model, to include 140mm mags.

Edited by Vizorn

Yeah, well SIG and all their representitives/sponsories say a lot. Oh I've listened to the promises for years. Their promises sound great. It's the follow through that has been lacking in recent history.

Maybe you should go shoot a glock and let the men shoot sigs :)

• 2 weeks later...

Springer Precision is working on some extensions that should get you about two extra rounds using the factory springs and followers while staying Limited/3Gun legal. Also, Grams has been working on P320 specific followers and is in final development stages. They lock back on empty and seem to run flawlessly.

13043443_10207740938495882_6761354987296

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased 3 of these 21 round mags 2 weeks ago. I can confirm that the last round in the mag is stiff. However they seem to run without a hiccup. I'm going to run them in USPSA limited class in 2 weeks if I can get my P320 9mmF to run right. (failures to extract with all of the mags). I'll let you all know how it works out.