Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy of M&P40 FS or L

TacticalReload

Okay folks... I'm sure some of you are on accuracy-talk burnout lately. However, after doing much research online, it appears that the accuracy issue on the full sized models seems to be fairly contained to the 9mm versions. So my question is for the people who currently own either 4.25" or 5" model in .40 -- what kind of accuracy are you seeing with the factory barrel, roughly what is the production date of your pistol, and what barrel length is it? Thanks everyone!

I had an M&P.40 FS that I put about 2000 rounds through before selling it. I know most people love them but personally I could not shoot it consistently. One range session would be great and the next was all over the place. I loved the way it felt and looked but finally parted ways with her. Funny thing is I miss her nonetheless. Honestly though I think it was me and not the gun I just shoot Glocks a lot more. Never liked the stock trigger. Never had any function issues with it and you can't beat Smith&Wesson on their warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use my 5" M&P .40 Pro Series for Uspsa (limited). Also works well on knock down steel. Has a production date of 2012 if I am not mistaken. I sight in at 15yds and the gun performs well at that distance. No complains here.....Factory barrel.

I plan on testing my 5" 40 pro and my 4.25" PC CORE next week in my Ransom rest. I wasn't overly thrilled at the way the CORE performed with the Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel. But the Pro did pretty well with a similar barrel. It makes me want to try a KKM in the CORE.

For the price of the pro and the core it's a shame the factory barrel doesn't have better accuracy. Really long thread about known accuracy issues with 9mm as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk