Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 26 gen 3 load issue

WesCummings

I posted this over in the spring section as well. I was shooting some 147 Bayou Bullet FP today with 5.0 grains of Accurate # 7. Had a bunch of FTE &FTF's. Finally gave up. Temp was 60, gun is new with stock guide rod recoil system. This load works great in my G 24 -9mm conversion with an 11 lb spring.

Should I go up on powder or get a lighter guide rod sys.? Is 14lb as light as you can go with the G 26?

TIA for suggestions/ advice.

I posted this over in the spring section as well. I was shooting some 147 Bayou Bullet FP today with 5.0 grains of Accurate # 7. Had a bunch of FTE &FTF's. Finally gave up. Temp was 60, gun is new with stock guide rod recoil system. This load works great in my G 24 -9mm conversion with an 11 lb spring.

Should I go up on powder or get a lighter guide rod sys.? Is 14lb as light as you can go with the G 26?

TIA for suggestions/ advice.

fwiw: I'm thinking too light of a load for the G26 w/ factory RSA.

My G17/G34 load works out great in my G19, but G26 . . . Not so much. G26 accuracy was not on par with the longer G17/G34 barrels with the minor PF load.

The G26 did like my "warmer" W231 124JHP loads

- recall it being something like 4.6-4.7 W231 under a 124JHP & a bit more with 115 JHP . . . dont have my notes on hand.

Edited by SPDGG

I think you are probably right. I have loaded up some more 147's from 5.2-6.4gns and 124's 5.7-6.5 to try today. I also have some factory Gold Dot to test functionality which I should have done in the first place. Will report back later.

Went to the range today to function test some loads described above. Factory Gold Dot (124 grn) functioned w/o fail and slide locked back after last shot. 147 Bayou Bullets FP all functioned w/o fail from 6.4-5.2 grns three shots in each weight 0.2 graduated. Also the temp is 10 degrees lower today (50) from the first day. The best group from a rest at seven yards was 5.4 grains of Accurate # 7. Very soft with brass falling on the table next to the rest.

124 Bayou Bullets FP all functioned w/o fail from 6.9-5.7 grains; three shots in each 0.2 graduated. Three groups were very accurate from the rest; 6.5 - 6.3 & 5.7 grains of Accurate # 7. I did not Chrono the loads as my intended use for the best load won't be until next month when it will be much warmer.

The conclusion is that all that was needed was 0.2 grains more powder in both bullet weights.