Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

waterproof targets and 'stick when wet' tape

motosapiens

I picked up some cake plates for target practice, and they are coated in thin wax. It makes a big difference in wet conditions, and the prices weren't terrible. The regular pasters stick fine to them, but I'm not one to shoot and paste in a down pour.

Edited by b1gcountry

Of course it is ... But we hardly ever see them so I wouldn't expect them to start showing up to address a problem that doesn't occur that often ... Realistically, how often are matches shot in the rain? Since starting this sport in 2012 and shooting matches every month since I have only had to shoot a match in the rain twice ...

Pretty much ever single match from November to April here....

Of course it is ... But we hardly ever see them so I wouldn't expect them to start showing up to address a problem that doesn't occur that often ... Realistically, how often are matches shot in the rain? Since starting this sport in 2012 and shooting matches every month since I have only had to shoot a match in the rain twice ...

We had dry-ish matches twice last month, and only had to bag for about half of one this month, we'll see how Saturday goes.

• 1 year later...

Here's the Norwegian waterproof targets on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/NordicTarget-As-901650819958337/

His main product is the IPSC "diamond" but other styles are certainly possible. European IPSC organizers have been impressed: more convenient than other ways to protect the targets from rain, and more economical than constantly replacing soaked regular targets.