Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Cut ideas/opinions

Nickb45

I'm only using the weights from SW as an estimate as to how much weight will be removed. I have a base weight, then the weight after that from the cuts.

I don't have a specific weight in mind that I want. Not right now anyways.

I will get behind both pistols tonight and see what they feel like and what my times/hits are running drills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Nickb45

True, but those parts are constant and common in either configuration. The end weight will differ from one gun to the other, but the weigh differential will be somewhat close.

Edit: This is a reply to 2011BLDR.

Nick - thanks for the figures. This gives me a clearer picture of what to expect

Edited by EclipseDS

148b57559ff2ef37194421ef98d2fa8a.jpg

5e8b49f1643e63a2fbad43b927522464.jpg

af1c3a2172b13eeaf4ffe4b5aa07014d.jpg

Not sure the repeatability of my scale, but it says .4 oz for a tri top on a 6" slide, it was already flat topped.

I can feel the difference in the little bit of dry fire I did at lunch. See how it feels tomorrow at a steel match.

Hello: The new weight saving for the tri-top is correct if it was flat topped already. People think tri-topping it will remove a lot of weight. Not so much. Cutting slots and holes takes out more weight. Looks good so far. I forgot to add that you can add a Briley Aluminum 6"guide to take weight out. I bought mine from Sean at Power Factor Shooting. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

It transitioned good today at a steel match today. There is a noticeable weight difference. I think I'm going to leave it how it is for now.

The gun will be cerakoted so it can be cut up and re sprayed at any time.