Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About The Mossberg 930 lifter.

Glouglou

Besides doing the mods on the lifter, you need to change the way your thumb is positioned when inserting shells. I have an unmodified 930, and learned to keep my thumb positioned correctly.

You are probably pushing in the shells with the pad of your thumb, meaning your thumb is pointing straight up into the receiver. That makes it easier to catch your thumb between the lifter and mag tube. Try bending your thumb so the end of the thumb almost goes into the end of the mag tube. This also allows you're 1st joint of the thumb to keep the lifter depressed. It takes a little bit of practice. But if you can't get someone to modify the lifter, it's a way to avoid gouging your thumb.

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifIMG_0358.jpg

You can do this, too. This is a Beretta 1301, but no reason you can't do it for a 930.

Exactly. Actually I only did the cut and then started loading doubles/quads and have no problem. But if I try to load weak-hand or "tactical," my thumb still gets caught and pinched. But since I only use my 930 for racing, and only reload a certain way, I haven't decided to pull the trigger on the welded lifter yet.