Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my M3K

optimator

Hi all, first post here. I'm planning on shooting my first 3 gun match next month. I went and watched one last week and that was pretty much all it took to seal the deal. I had been reading up for a while and had already decided on a M3000 or M3K. I got a decent deal on a M3K and picked it up from my FFL yesterday. First off, I have never seen a gun with the internals so covered in oil as this one was. All I did was wipe all the excess off, shot in some CLP, and took it out today. 125 rounds of cheap Walmart Federal went through it without a single hiccup. I also put 5 slugs through it. They all shot point of aim out to 50 yards. I am honestly very impressed with this gun. I was ready to change out the extractor before I even got it, but I'm not sure if it's even necessary. It looks like I got a good one. I'm putting a 6+ extension on it as soon as MOA gets them in stock. Other than hogging out the load port and maybe some trigger work, is there anything else you'd recommend?

Are the MOA tubes any better than the Nordic ones? I was gonna go with a MOA this time to change it up. Maybe a plus 6, in guessing that will stick past the end of the 24" barrel

I believe the MOA tubes are Nordic tubes. Tom told me the +5 is longer than the 24" barrel, but shorter than the extended choke.

After seeing an m3k in person for the first time last week. I think the port work is good it may just need to be opened at the front to push it forward just a little bit. The follower also could stand to be replaced I replaced the follower in my m3000 with a nordic one. I polished the outside of the mag tube on my m3000 where the action bar and recoil spring ride. I also swapped the front sight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are the MOA tubes any better than the Nordic ones? I was gonna go with a MOA this time to change it up. Maybe a plus 6, in guessing that will stick past the end of the 24" barrel

I believe the MOA tubes are Nordic tubes. Tom told me the +5 is longer than the 24" barrel, but shorter than the extended choke.

That sounds correct. I have the +6, and it is about 2" longer than the barrel with the choke in.

Anyone swapping out followers?

Yep

What follower comes with the gun? Is it a Stoeger one? They don't have any info on their site. I'd like to talk to one of their reps to know for certain instead of speculating. It's similar looking to the Nordic low drag follower isn't it?

Anyone swapping out followers?

Yep

What follower comes with the gun? Is it a Stoeger one? They don't have any info on their site. I'd like to talk to one of their reps to know for certain instead of speculating. It's similar looking to the Nordic low drag follower isn't it?

The stock one is just a crappy plastic follower. Since I just got the gun yesterday, and have yet to put an extension on it, I have read of many problems with the stock follower and extension tubes. For $15 I'll eliminate the problem before it happens.

I agree. Whoever I order from is gonna get it all, I just can't decide, Nordic had always given me great products and their customer service is always good, so it's hard to change. But I've heard nothing but good things about MOA and that's why I wanted to maybe go that way

Is that the 8 round mono tube with the +4 nordic for 12 round capacity?

A follower isn't an option if you're putting a tube on. You'll go crazy if you don't get one. Tubes are a preference. I like my Carbon Arms +8 tube and run a Nordic +4 ext on it.

Is that the 8 round mono tube with the +4 nordic for 12 round capacity?

A follower isn't an option if you're putting a tube on. You'll go crazy if you don't get one. Tubes are a preference. I like my Carbon Arms +8 tube and run a Nordic +4 ext on it.

Yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk