Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320/147 Load For A Glock 34

Duane Thomas

Duane:

Nik is right-ON both accounts!!! :D

3.5 of either is about a 130 PF out of a G34.

N320 and WW231 are almost identical for load data for the 9x19. They also have almost the same characteristics in terms of feel----very soft.

From my observations:

N320 meters cleaner and more consistantly and also makes less of a mess on your press.

WW231 is cheaper.

They are both fairly clean in the gun.

Hadn't tested WW231 extensively, but if it is like most WW powders-it will vary due to environmental conditions.

N320 will be very stable.

:unsure: Be CAREFUL N320 and a 147 is pushing it - pressure wise-start at least 10% BELOW and chrono! :unsure:

Dave M.

Duane,

I use 3.6gr N320 under a Westcoast or Montana Gold 147gr RN at 1.142 OAL out of my Glock 34. Very reliable, very accurate, hammers down steel. I also load 145gr Lasercast with 3.4gr N320 at 1.142 OAL. Makes about 142 PF.

Brian

Hi Duane, here are some Quickload ballistic prediction program numbers that are:

1) Generally considered 5% higher than reality as to pressure. Velocity is also optimistic.

2) Generally assumes a traditional copper jacket rather than brass.

"9x19mm, 147 grn projectile, OAL 1.145: 3.6g VV 320: 35,118 PSI, 978FPS"

Adjust accordingly. One note of caution: Montanas are outstanding bullets that usually shoot very well but they are also (generally) slightly smaller in diameter than comparable jacketed bullets. Thus, there is a greater possibility of set-back since the bullet diameter is slightly smaller than normal.

It is CRITICAL to avoid the chance of a bullet set-back; particularly with a fast powder like N320. At a minimum, I suggest a Lee FCD Carbide crimp die. I also use a Lee U or undersize sizing die (to make the case slightly smaller in diameter) & Hornady OneSHot case spray. Regards,

C.

Both my G-34s give about 130-132 with this load. Both have barsto barrels

3.3 vv 320

WSR or FSPM

1.155 OAL

147 Zero JHP

I've run the same load with different bullets. The pf doesn't change that much I just need to adjust the seating stem for the different profile to get the same OAL

Seth

Thanks, guys. I loaded up 50 rounds of 3.4 grains N320 and fired it up yesterday. The gun worked fine, and no pressure signs - that last not something I can say about my previous N310 load. I'll let you know the results after I chrono.

• 2 weeks later...