Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from California

cooper74

Hi,

Been lurking here for a little while now.

Thanks to everyone who's part of the community, already have learned a lot perusing the forums.

Saved some money on shootersconnection via the forum member discount.

Hoping to get into action shooting in the Bay Area (East Bay)... thinking about joining Richmond Rod & Gun Club.

Anywhere else I should look - anyone willing to take me under their wing?

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by cooper74

Welcome to the forum! Most anything you might ask about action pistol (and then some) has likely been addressed one way or another here - the search function is your friend.

Richmond is probably the closest if you are close in to the Bay, has regular Saturday practice, USPSA matches twice a month, and hosts other matches and specialty practices (IDPA, 3-gun, cowboy and rimfire for instance). For other USPSA matches there are other venues further east (Twin Sisters, Yolo, and the clubs at the Sacramento Shooting Center have enough matches to fill all the weekends of the month).

Plenty of friendly help at Richmond (I hang out there), plenty of talent too (I dont quite hang there ;^D). Becoming a regular, offering to help and asking questions will all get you quite a ways. Start coming by Saturdays - see ya there!